So it is December 1st...the holidays are here! All of a sudden something going on EVERY weekend. I have been so out of character lately, usually I am anxious to hit the holiday sales and crowds (tis' the season) but for I am having lots of trouble with it this year. I should be more excited than ever, with this being the year that I will be able to spend with my family. My last day at work will be December 17th, meaning that I will have the whole week of Christmas and the week after to enjoy plenty of R&R and truly ENJOY this precious time thoroughly, before starting school in January. The feeling is just not excitement this could possibly be because this is the first holiday without my Mowmow which is making it much harder. I have relied on friends, music and books for comfort and distraction which has been my safe haven. My newest faves are Paramore and Taylor Swift! LOVING them! I haven't taken them out of my cd changer for at least 2 weeks. Nonetheless, I am hoping this dreary mood passes soon. We did manage to get up the Christmas decorations and the Christmas tree. Day after Thanksgiving just as planned...egg nog and hot chocolate! Actually I missed the other decorations being scattered throughout the house. I went to a movie on Saturday and then went to visit with Elizabeth after wards -when I came home "poof" I walked into a winter wonderland.
I did take a few pictures from Thanksgiving which hopefully I will post later this week. Soooo much to do so little time and energy. I am sorry if this sounds 'out of sorts' as I warned. Positive thinking will prevail...just not tonight - maybe by Friday. Have a wonderful week all you friends and family out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment