Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Renaissance Festival

We took Jaxon to the Renaissance Festival earlier this summer, and we had a really good time.  I have not been since I was very little so it was quite exciting for us all to go spend the day.  It has taken me ages to load these pictures because of my computer problems.  It was cool to see the 'characters' throughout the festival, and it was so fun to see Jaxon's reaction to everything and everyone.  One of my favorite things was the acrobats we watched when we first got there.  They were quite talented, and pretty funny too - if I do say so myself.  We had a pretty fun day; it's interesting to walk into something that's like walking into a storybook from the past, where everyone and everything is in character.
 Look at this... impressive.

(A guy in costume)

 This man looked like "Boots" from Shrek! Jaxon really did think he was cool, even though he looks less than amused here.

(More guys in costume.)

Jaxon got a dragon painted on his face :) 

And don't forget the Jousting!

No comments:

Post a Comment