Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Books of 2010

Books that I read in 2010 (the good bad & ugly)...
 Very interesting book that was suggested to be by some random people during a trip to Borders.  I typically am more interested in a driven romance relationship, this book is certainly NOT that.  I was really surprised at how wrapped up I got in the characters as well as how intense the story line is.  Time period books are extremely intriguing to me so I love the vivid details that the author describes throughout the book.

The OUTLANDER series (7 books) by Diana Gabaldon, this book series (as I have posted before), has become an absolute FAVORITE!  While this series is not short (by any means), you can become entirely connected to the main characters in a way you won't believe and is a romantic love story to the core.  These books sparked my interest in time period novels and the author's descriptions are done so accurately, you can tell a lot of research went into the writing.  I can't rave about these enough! Although they took me AWHILE to read - the time was very worth it.

The Lord John series (3 books, the last being 'short story' compilation) seemed like the appropriate books to read after the Outlander series. Based on one of the characters in other novels, it gives more insight into the life of John Grey. These are not romantically based and are written more like a mystery novel than anything else.  I found these to be difficult for me to read because they lacked the love story I am usually drawn to, and when the story line was based around a "love story", it still took a back seat to the crime or situation to be solved.





The Time Traveler's Wife.  Honestly, I read this one BECAUSE the movie didn't meet the standards I expected (I've loved Racheal McAdams since The Notebook).  As usual the book out-did the movie by miles.  I was pleasantly surprised at the characters and situations that are in the book which were not in the movie (as usual).  Unlike most people, I actually enjoy when a movie is made about a book. I usually like to see the characters who are cast first then I can envision them more clearly when I read (Much like the Twilight novels, where I seen the movie first so the characters 'just fit' into the book perfectly). Which Brings me to my next book...

The movie will be released...I think in April, and I CAN'T WAIT to see the Circus brought to life. The pictures I have been seeing look pretty accurate to what I imagined when reading.  Knowing that Reece Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson were going to be Jacob and Marlena really made this book become much more vivid.  Another romance...I enjoyed many of the twist the author gives you as well as the schizophrenic nature of the villan. 

I can't wait to began my reading of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment